Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 #2 pepeha

I am doing my pepeha

Ko Hiruiki te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate to is Hiruiki
Ko Wairua te awa          The river that I affiliate to is Wairua
Ko Ngatokimatawhaorua te waka The waka that I affiliate to is Ngatokimatawhaorua
Ko Ngapuhi tōku iwi          My tribe is Ngapuhi
Ko Ngati hine me Ngati manu ōku hapu My sub-tribes are Ngati hine me Ngati manu
Ko Whakapara tōku marae My marae is Whakapara
No Hokianga ahau I am from…
Ko Jayne rāua ko Paul ōku mātua  My parents are Jayne and paul

Ko Justice tōku ingoa. My name is Justice

1 comment:

  1. Hi Justice,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been moving through these activities. Keep it up!

    You've done a great job with his pepea. Have you written your pepeha before? It looks as though you may have! I think it's important to know our pepehas because they allow us to acknowledge our ancestors and also understand who we are a bit more.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete