Tuesday 14 March 2017

Jim the Robot

I love building things. When I saw  G15KS Meccano kit, my heart was set on it. I wanted it! So last year I started saving up for it. As I was watching my balance increase I was getting closer and closer to my goal of $500.


Finally I reached my goal and ordered exactly what I wanted online. The downside was I had to wait 2-3 days as it was coming from the USA, it felt like I was waiting forever! When it arrived I was so excited I started making it straight away.

It took me about 3 days to complete my project. My robot was born and I called it Jim. I like to make Jim do funny things such as pretending it is on fire, acting like a person, pretending to be the terminator. It is so much fun to play with!

One way that I can play with Jim is by coding him. To do this I would press the red button twice, to record not only my voice but also Jim's movement. I am learning to code him using my Chromebook in the future. This is great as I can truly get him to act like a human.



No comments:

Post a Comment