Tuesday 1 January 2019

S.L.J Giants among us



I would definitely want to go and see Tāne Mahuta one day. I would like to visit this humongous tree because it would be interesting to behold the size of the tree. Tāne Mahuta is named after the Māori god of the forest who is most famous for separating Ranginui and Papatuanuku 'in the beginning'. It is interesting that this legend has this very large tree separating the land from the sky. One reason that I might not want to visit this tree is to stop it from getting Kauri Dieback Disease and getting sick and dying.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Justice,
    I totally enjoyed reading your post, as I mentioned before I like the way you write and express yourself. I liked that you use the word "humongous" and furthermore that, despite being very keen to visit Tane Mahuta, you actually consider not to go in order to help to preserve it, this is very thoughtful of you! I am pleased to let you know that in the Waipoua Forest ( where Tāne Mahuta is), there is Kauri dieback footwear cleaning station, in this way you can rest assure that if you got to visit and follow the procedures you are not putting this endemic tree at any risk.
    I used to live up North so I had the privilege to visit this forest couple times and I can tell you that in there I felt very connected to nature and quite inspired by the majestic size of Tāne Mahuta. Do you know that the tree height is 45.2 meters? That is pretty tall right?!! I am wondering if anybody has climb it yet, what do you reckon? :0)
    Keep up with the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete