Monday 14 January 2019

Week 2 Day 2 Activity 3: Stranger than Fiction

                                            ∗similarities∗                                                                       

venus flytrap

Venus Flytrap

  1. Is found in in east carolia
  2. Will eat its prey with a mouth
  3. Takes 10 days to eat it well  
strangest and amazing plants

Pitcher Plant

  1. The plant has an attractive red colour
  2. Is mostly found in South East Asia
  3. Can eat larger animals



  1. They both eat plants and animals.
  2. They both have a special trap to catch they pray.
  3. There leaves are weird

3 comments:

  1. Fun Fact

    Pitcher Plants can be found in Canada also. (:

    -Quinn, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Hannah and I go to a school in Canada I am 15. I think that carnivorous plants are so cool. I also like mincraft I like to build. My favourite subject is called outdoor ed in the class we go camping for out assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justice,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.
    I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada too, where we also have some carnivorous plants. Isn't it just too odd that plants can 'eat' insects?

    You've chosen 2 really interesting plants to study. And You've done a great job of describing their similarities. I'll point out that these 2 plants don't actually eat other plants, they just digest insects, in their own special way!

    And they aren't able to eat large animals, just insects. But sometimes larger animals, such as shrews, will lean into the plants and eat the insects out of them before the plant can fully digest them themselves.

    You've given good information about where they're found - good for you!

    It's such a strange thing to think of a plant dissolving an insect with chemicals!! Ugh!! I'm glad I'm bigger than a fly!

    I hope that you've had a chance to be outside a lot this summer, getting lots of time for your favourite kind of fun. Now you're probably back in your class, ready for this new term. I hope it will go very well for you, especially if you're an ambassador for your school!

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete